Friday 24 April 2015

Love Crochet

http://www.lovecrochet.com/

A couple of weeks ago I had an e-mail from LOVE CROCHET asking if I would like to work on some projects with them.
Of course I said "YES PLEASE", its an amazing opportunity for me to be able to work with them on some of the ideas I had planned for the future, plus I have the chance to test and review lots of new yarns and choose which ones to recommend for my designs, its rather like being given the keys to the sweet shop :-)
At the moment the joint projects are in the development stage, so I can't tell you what they are yet, but I can tell you I'm really excited and can't wait to start.

Love Crochet is the sister shop to Love Knitting and was launched at the end of last year, its still early days for them and they have lots of interesting ideas planned for the future.
But even though its early their shop is jam packed full of lots and lots of lovely yarn in all weights and fibres.

Even before I was invited to work with Love Crochet I had started going through their site writing a giant shopping list.
I had chosen Love Crochet as my "go to" shop because of their involvement with Ravelry and their support of Independent designers throughout the whole digital vat mess crisis at the end of last year.
Their sister company Love Knitting took on the digital vat burden to help out Ravelry at a time when no one else seemed to care.
Ravelry channelled all the European digital pattern sales through Love Knitting which enabled indie designers to carry on designing and not have to stop designing because the new law was so difficult to comply with.
I think Love Crochet/Knitting were surprised to discover the wealth of talent of the indie designers and have continued to work with and promote them (and me :-)

So back to the yarn...
This week I received 2 packages full of exciting new yarns to test - or rather new to me :-)
I've got a huge pile to work through, I want to test/swatch each one individually and then test/swatch them alongside NDS yarn to work out which yarn needs to be recommended for each pattern.
Its going to take a while, but I will make a new yarn review/recommendations page so you can find out what I discover.

So for the meantime here are some lovely photos of yarn :-)






1 comment:

  1. Hi how lovely to work with soooo many colours and textures. What fun ! Well it better than working ;-)

    ReplyDelete