Tuesday 19 January 2016

Pattern of the week - Week 3

Week 3's pattern is my Myrtle Crochet Scarf

Myrtle is another one of my circle designs, Myrtle is named after the Myrtleberries which grow on the moor and are locally known as Whortleberries, but they are also sometimes called blueberries or bilberries (there's a awful lot of berries in this sentence :-)
Its all a bit confusing as to which berry is which, but I can tell you that myrtleberry/whortleberry jam is delicious :-)

My Myrtle is in wild berry colours made with lots of different 4 ply yarns, so it is a perfect stash buster/scrap project.

The code is Myrtleweek3 and you can find the pattern HERE in my Ravelry store



Incidentally if you fancy a trip to Exmoor to search for the berries, you can stay at Myrtleberry Lodge in the East Lyn gorge. The setting is amazing on the banks of the river and only a short walk from the famous Watersmeet.
You can find out all the information and photo's HERE

1 comment: