Tuesday 10 May 2016

Exmoor Stars, Catalina & Geminds

Good morning from slightly sunny Exmoor

I've finally published my Exmoor Stars blanket pattern booklet, its taken me longer than I thought because I've been dithering about how many patterns to include, originally I had planned 3 blankets & 2 scarves, but I struggle to make any else but blankets, so the scarves have been a problem. I've only designed one.
So rather than wait until inspiration strikes I decided to just include the blankets and publish the scarf separately.

So here is Exmoor Stars.......


Exmoor Stars contains patterns for my Stargazer Zodiac blanket, Sagittarius A Black Hole blanket and Catalina Comet blanket. The blankets are all inspired by the stars seen over the moor on dark nights.
You can find it HERE on Ravelry.


The blankets are also available as single patterns, just follow the links below to take you to the individual blanket's page.

Catalina Comet - HERE

Sagittarius A Black Hole - HERE

Stargazer Zodiac - HERE

 All the patterns contain ....
Detailed yarn and colour recommendations
Written and charted motif patterns, in both UK and US terms.
A colour chart and layout key.
And step by step charts, which hopefully make it easier to construct the blanket.

And this is the Geminids Meteor scarf, beautifully modelled by my son on Woolacombe beach.


Geminids is inspired by a meteor shower that can be seen over the moor every December.
It was designed to be a unisex scarf, I have made it using EASYKNITS Smoke and Big Boy wool heavy 4 ply yarn (300 metres per 100 gms)  
As I intended the scarf to be unisex I thought it was appropriate to use Jon's yarns as he is my only male dyer friend, his colours are heavily saturated, big and bold, perfect for such a structured design.
However if you prefer you can make it in softer girly colours or in a lighter weight 4 ply (400 metres per 100 gms)
You can find Geminids Meteor scarf - HERE
The pattern also contains the same list of instructions/information, as the blanket patterns above.

Happy crocheting 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment